Brain retraining practices ultimately help the brain to shift unhealthy emotional states and adopt new health promoting behavior patterns. This is accomplished by creating new neural pathways associated with a whole brain state or higher states of conscious perception. Over time the old neural pathways that are associated with fear-based belief systems or “programming” will prune away as they are not engaged. The results of rewiring the brain in this manner have many implications ranging from healing of chronic illness as well as tapping into one’s unlimited creative potential. Learning how to self direct and shift one’s emotional state or perception of reality births an inner freedom to self regulate in any situation. This ability to create your own brain state is what allows the inner co-creator of reality to be realized and actualized.
This may seem obvious that brain retraining can be of benefit for emotional issues. But many wonder how this can shift physical issues. Again the key is that one’s emotional state influences the biochemistry of the body. Actually emotions change the entire energetic electromagnetic field of the body, which I will describe later. For now, all that you need to understand is that when you are having lower frequency emotions like fear, anger, overwhelm, shame, or guilt, there is an associated biochemical cocktail being produced by your brain that negatively affects the functioning of every cell and organ of your body. Over time it can be a chicken egg scenario about why you are stuck in pain or sickness. It feels like the body, but it often is the brain stuck in a negative emotional feedback loop keeping the body stuck in a state of disharmony. When you perform a brain retraining practice to self generate a positive emotional state, you not only have a better mood and outlook on life, but your entire biochemistry shifts as well.
To summarize these are primary goals of brain retraining practices:
- Interrupt thought patterns that negatively impact our emotional state and autonomic nervous system function.
- Quiet the overactive limbic system response to decrease stress hormone production and strengthen prefrontal cortex activity for healthy regulation of the nervous system.
- Create new, positive neural pathways through creative visualization and self generate elevated emotion states to shift the biochemistry of the body.
Brain retraining practices result in:
- Improved endocrine, digestive, somatosensory, and immune system regulation
- Improved self assurance and self reliance
- Expanded conscious awareness and decreased self sabotaging behaviors
Love and light,